Silicone sprays are widely used to cover and protect metal and non-metallic surfaces, including rubber or plastic. They lubricate and protect surfaces from the harmful effects of water, corrosion, or mold. They are easy to apply without causing dirt, and they also dry very quickly.
Silicone sprays remove grease and dirt and help you to eliminate old and hard rust. Let us present the best silicone sprays of this year.
These products can electrically insulate and are waterproof. Also, they can prevent the locking of hinges. They are very resistant products both at low temperatures up to -28°F, and they are not degraded at very high temperatures of 350°F. Let’s see what these models below have on offer with the reviews below.
Best Silicone Spray Reviews
WD-40 Company 300012 Specialist Silicone Spray
This silicone spray is a maintenance product with very good quality components. It lubricates, is waterproof, and protects metal and non-metallic surfaces, including rubber, plastic, and vinyl, much better than other products.
This spray has a high drying power, does not leave dirt after use, forms a thin and fine film, and does not color the surfaces on which it is applied. It can withstand temperatures between -100°F and 500°F and is the ideal product to be used for cables, pulleys, hinges, and locks.
It comes in the form of a silver foam, and it is delivered in containers of 325 milliliters and with masses of 12.8 ounces. The spray benefits from Blu Torch technology, which gives it a fast penetration, power, and strong rust action. This product can be successfully used to unlock rusty nuts or screws.
It has a white lithium fat component, which gives it long-lasting lubrication and protection power. Furthermore, it is non-conductive and can be used with a maximum degree of safety to clean dirt and dust from circuit boards and other sensitive electronic components.
The gel is viscous, does not flow, and is ideal for use on vertical surfaces and moving parts. This silicone spray is an excellent choice for other automated lubrication requirements, such as hood hinges, battery terminals, and door locks in your car.
Also, it can be used as a cleaning agent for garage door lock systems. You should definitely check it out if you’re looking for a premium quality silicone spray!
- Waterproof and protects metallic and non-metallic surfaces against rust and mildew
- It has great power to unlock doors, windows, locks, bolts, and nuts
- It is viscous and can be used most successfully for covering vertical or moving surfaces
- Does not leave dirt and has a very fast drying power
- Resists from -100°F to 500°F
- It has a great power of rapid removal of rust by Blu Torch technology
- This silicone spray has an odor, so it is best to use it in a well-ventilated or outdoor surface
- The pieces for which you use this spray should be placed on a piece of paper or plastic, to avoid floor dirt with possible fat spots
Permatex Silicone Spray Lubricant
Permatex silicone spray lubricant is renowned for its power to electrically insulate where it is used. It lubricates and is waterproof for all types of mechanical equipment.
Due to its low viscosity, it has a high lubrication foam and thus prevents the blocking of doors and windows. It has a high-quality silicone formula so that after application, it does not attract dust or dirt.
Paint on plastic or rubber surfaces does not suffer from the use of this silicone spray because it prevents the deterioration or aging of these materials. This silicone spray protects against adverse weather and renews the bushings and rubber supports.
These Permatex lubricants are well known due to their proven efficiency in solving technical problems that you might have with locks on the doors of your car, with luggage compartment covers, or with brake cables.
It is specially designed for metal surfaces with plastic and rubber reinforcements, and it is ideal for lubricating electrical components.
- It is electrically insulating, waterproofing, lubricating and covering all types of mechanical equipment
- Prevents locking doors, locks, hinges, windows
- High silicone formula does not attract dust or dirt
- Protects against weather conditions and renews rubber mounts, bushings
- Specially designed to solve problems related to metal surfaces and locks from your car
- It is possible that after using this silicone spray you will have some waste in the form of a dust
DuPont Teflon Silicone Lubricant
DuPont is renowned for developing innovative solutions in science and especially in engineering, that has very often solved some of the world’s biggest challenges.
DuPont enterprises, as a cornerstone, respects fundamental values. The DuPont company has always provided high-quality products using sustainable energy and protective methods for people and the environment, and they have never given up on the values they promoted.
So, the name DuPont is a guarantee for the quality of this silicone spray.
This is a clean and easy to use product, made with a fluoropolymer, and is excellent for non-metallic materials that can be damaged by conventional lubricants. It is a waterproof lubricant with a high capacity for protection and preservation.
It is perfectly suitable for use on rubber, plastic, leather, metal, wood, and vinyl surfaces. Furthermore, it is widely used for lubricating hinges and locks on doors and windows; thus, eliminating dirt.
Using this spray, you can help prevent rusting and corrosion of all metal surfaces you use. It is ideal for protecting fishing or gardening tools, hunting weapons, and all the machines and tools from your workshop.
It is irreplaceable for the maintenance of your car during the cold season. This product is a dielectric one. It does not liquefy and retains its viscosity well. The device is equipped with a sprayer so that the substance can reach very tight places so that your gear works optimally.
It is ideal for cleaning stainless steel objects or for cleaning stove surfaces, such as eliminating smoke from your stove. This lubricant occupies sixth place in the industrial lubricants’ hierarchy.
- It is an easy to use product manufactured under the DuPont brand with fluoropolymer
- Is waterproof, lubricating, and protects surfaces against corrosion
- It is excellent for non-metallic materials that can sometimes be damaged by other brands of lubricants
- Can be used successfully for all kinds of surfaces: metal, wood, rubber, plastic, vinyl, and leather
- Is ideal for lubricating the hinges and locks on your doors and windows, giving you a well-deserved sound comfort, in the absence of the discarded seat
- It protects you like no other lubricant fishing gear, agricultural tools, and equipment or hunting weapons
- It should be used for light grease only
- It does not have a high viscosity
- You need to put material under the surface or under the mechanism which has to be greased, in order to prevent a messy cleanup
3M Silicone Lubricant
This is a high-quality silicone lubricant that prevents rubber gaskets from sticking together at high temperatures, and also it helps maintain the required moisture inside your mechanisms. The 3M silicone lubricant does not contain petroleum oils, so the danger of coloring any fabrics is eliminated.
It is manufactured in extreme conditions, so it reacts very well for most applications. It will not freeze to -28°F and will not degrade at 350°F. This lubricant can offer high performance both on cold winter days and on hot summer days.
The silicone lubricant is available in both wet and dry formulas. It has a very wide range of uses and is incredibly versatile. Thus, it can be safely used for lubricating moving parts, eliminating the aging materials caused by rubbing the gaskets between each other.
It has a great power of protection against rust and corrosion and also a high capacity to maintain humidity. Moreover, it can prevent the accumulation of glues, wax, inks, and paints inside the mechanisms.
It has extraordinary power in preserving the good condition of plastics, rubber, and leather surfaces, and it is ideal to be used for protecting objects used for cutting. It is equipped with a sprayer and an extension tube in order to have access to narrow places.
This silicone spray offers the best results if it is used at room temperature. If it is used at elevated temperatures, they increase the pressure in the box, and alternatively, if it is used at lower temperatures, they can reduce the pressure in the box, which, in both cases, makes it harder to use.
You should be careful on what surfaces you work on, because this lubricant leaves traces and waste after it is applied.The dry formula is ideal for lubricating the plastic parts on the inside of the board of your car. Also, it is great for lubricating door or window seals, or for lubricating door locks.
- It withstands and behaves very well at extreme temperatures during hot and cold seasons
- Removes rubber drops and prevents sticking
- Does not contain oils that might color fabrics
- It’s very effective in lubricating the surfaces of rubber, plastic, vinyl, or leather
- It is a fine lubricant that prevents the accumulation of glues, wax, inks or paints in the narrow grooves of the mechanisms
- It is the ideal lubricant for keeping your cutting tools in good working condition
- You should very carefully clean the surface on which you are going to use this lubricant so that it does not look very viscous, and you end up with mixed effects
CRC Silicone Mold Release Spray
This product is used for a variety of applications, including injection molding, compression molding, blow molding, and extrusion.
This silicone spray is a special product for cleaning a silicone mold, and it is used especially when there is no need for post-mold painting. By cleaning a silicone mold immediately after using, you would increase the life of the mold, and at the same time, you ensure a special finish of the surface where it was used.
It is used for compression of epoxy resins, polypropylene, nylon, or wax by injection method.
It is also used as an adjuvant in molds that are used in blow molding or extrusion. Thus the life of the mold is increased by preventing the bonding of molded substances.
Using this silicone spray, you should improve the finishes of the product surface and reduce the production time. It is an excellent anti-mold product. It can work both cold and hot, the effective temperature range being between 35°F and 600°F.
It is ideal for lubricating solid surfaces. Furthermore, it has a low specific odor that does not disturb.
- Used for a variety of applications, including injection molding, compression molding, blow molding, and extrusion.
- Is a product used as an adjuvant for cleaning a casting mold
- It is an excellent anti-mold product
- Can work both cold and hot, the effective temperature range being between 35°F and 600°F.
- Ideal for lubricating solid surfaces
- It is preferable to use this silicone spray outdoors or in a well-ventilated area
- This silicone spray works better the more often you use it. If you start to use the tube and then the rest of the product after a more extended period, you may not be able to use it at all because it dries and hardens.
When you have a large household, a car, a garage, gardening tools, or fishing tools and hunting weapons, these silicone sprays are a real boon.
They are ideal for maintaining your vehicle, your tools, or your house in good working order, or for getting out of trouble when you get stuck by windows, screws, or nuts locked for various reasons.
There are different types of silicone sprays depending on the purpose for which you are going to use it. The product presented, CRC Silicone Mold Release Spray, is intended for professional use.