Whisks are handy tools in any kitchen – and not just for baking or making pastries. They come in several shapes and sizes, and they are used to work air into mixtures to add fluffiness or make them airy and light.
Silicone whisks are a more recent entrant into the kitchen space, and they’ve become a real game-changer during their short stint of use. They can do everything a metal whisk can, without many of the disadvantages of the latter, such as rusting and scratching Teflon cookware. Silicone whisks are also non-reactive, which means they can withstand heat without becoming altered or damaged.
They are most commonly used in baking to mix batters and to make sauces and gravies for other purposes. They are a superior mixing option – helping you to meld wet and dry ingredients to achieve a smooth and perfect consistency.
In this article, learn everything you need to know about buying the best whisks, and then look at our carefully curated list of the five best whisks in the market right now.
Best Silicone Whisk Buying Guide
Choosing a whisk isn’t as simple as picking any other piece of cutlery; all whisks are not created equal. There’s a wide selection out there, so how do you know which one will suit you best? Below are a few specific qualities that you should look out for when buying a whisk.
- Flat vs. Balloon whisk – Whether or not to get either depends on your preference. A flat whisk is a useful tool, but it’s more limited in capability compared with the balloon whisk. Balloon whisks can work more air into mixtures because of their round interlocking shape. Flat whisks aren’t suitable for mixing eggs, but they work well with heavier batters and gravies or sauces.
- Size – Whisks come in different sizes, with the average whisk measuring 10 inches in length. Still, you’ll find smaller or lager whisks, and some that come in sets. Popular sets have three whisks: small, medium, and large.
- Handle length – Look closely at the whisk handle as it determines how comfortable you’ll be when whisking. You want a long-enough handle to make whisking easier, and the whisk should be well attached to the handle. If the handle is too short, you’ll work harder when whisking.
- Quality of silicone – You don’t want silicone whisks where the layer will start chipping and falling off soon after you start using it. Ensure that your silicone whisk is made from 100% pure, food-grade silicone, which is recommended for all kitchen utensils. FDA approval is an added advantage.
Once you have these qualities, you should best determine the qualities you need from the whisk you’re looking for. This list provides a few selections of both single whisks and those which are available as sets. We will show you everything you should know about them to help you make your decision easier.
Best Silicone Whisk Reviews
Reading reviews is one of the best ways to find out whether the whisk you’re looking at will serve you well. You can learn other people’s experiences using the whisk to help you make informed decisions. Learn more below.
Silicone Whisk Set of 3 – Stainless Steel & Silicone Non-Stick Coating – Colored Balloon Egg Beater for Blending, Whisking, Beating, Frothing & Stirring (12-inch, 10-inch & 8.5-inch)
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Silicone Balloon Whisk
The OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Silicone Balloon Whisk is a product from OXO, manufacturers well known for producing good quality kitchenware for pocket-friendly prices. The Good Grip Whisk is no different; it is a large balloon whisk that is comfortable to handle and comes in a fun red color.
The OXO Good Grip whisk is 11 inches long, which is the perfect length for most of your purposes. It features a soft, ergonomic handle with a non-slip grip to support your wrist when whisking for long periods. The teardrop shape is designed to fit into your palm comfortably.
This large balloon-shaped whisk is sturdy and durable, but it gives the gentleness you need when whisking your food.
The silicone is heat resistant – it can withstand temperatures of up to 600°F without warping, melting, or discoloring. It is safe for use with Teflon, metal, and ceramic cookware, as well as glass and plastic bowls – it won’t scratch them. Washing is easy, and you can throw it into the dishwasher without a second thought.
- Large comfortable whisk for easy whisking
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Soft, non-slip grip prevents arm cramps
- Great for all cookware and utensils – minimal noise and no scratching
- The balloon design can create some ‘drag’ in heavy batters
- Wires may be a little weak
Wired Whisk Silicone Set of 3 Whisks
The Wired Whisk Silicone Whisk Set means you don’t have to worry about getting the right size of whisk when you’re out shopping. The three whisks come in different sizes – 12 inches, 10 inches, and 8.5 inches – so you’re guaranteed to get a size that works for your needs. The three whisks come in three different colors to add some flair to your kitchen.
These silicone whisks are made from 100% BPA free non-stick silicone coating that is FDA-approved. They can withstand high temperatures, which makes them ideal for preparing gravies and sauces on heat. They are easy to use and clean, and will not scratch your cookware or create annoying grating sounds as you stir, unlike metal whisks.
The price is more than friendly for the set of three, making them an excellent addition for anyone. They are sturdy and built to withstand vigorous usage without coming apart. You can use them for batters, eggs, whipping cream, and sauces. The handle is designed not to slip, even when your hands are wet. They are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning, made with a zero residue design to maintain luster.
- 100% lifetime money-back guarantee on satisfaction
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- With three sizes in three colors, they give excellent value for money
- Hanging hook for secure storage
- Can become twisted up with very thick batters
- Must be handled with care, or they might start peeling
Chef Craft 13472 Premium Silicone Wire Whisk
The Chef Craft 13472 Premium Silicone Wire Whisk measures 10.75 inches, which is the standard size for most applications. It comes in an attractive blue to color up your kitchen.
This Chef Craft Whisk is coated with silicone to prevent scratching and provide additional support when whisking. The non-slip plastic handle gives an excellent grip for comfort and ease when whisking batters and other liquids.
This balloon whisk is made from premium quality BPA-free silicone and can withstand high temperatures, up to 450°F, making them perfect for cooking any meal. You can use them for any type of cooking or baking with excellent results. The whisk is stain-resistant, convenient to use, and easy to clean, and it is dishwasher safe.
This whisk is made from stainless steel wire coated with silicone. The wire gives this whisk the sturdiness to withstand vigorous or heavy usage, while the silicone coating protects the surfaces on your cookware or mixing utensils. This makes the whisk useful with non-stick pots and pans and eliminates the need to scrape food bits because you have to use metal pans with wire whisks.
- Silicone protects the Teflon surface of non-stick pots and pans
- Fits into the hand perfectly
- Gives the perfect length to make whisking comfortable
- Whisk wires are not stiff, helping you work more air into mixtures.
- Handle carefully with viscous batters to prevent damage
- Many parts make it harder to clean – soak immediately after use
Cuisipro 10 Inch Silicone Flat Whisk
If balloon whisks aren’t your cup of tea, you’ll appreciate this Cuisipro Flat Whisk. Or maybe you need both types of whisks because you like one for some types of whisking and the other for other recipes. Either way, this Cuisipro whisk is the flat whisk that all flat whisks should aspire to be.
This is a flat whisk that works excellently for gravy and can be used to whisk any other mixtures. The handle is made from 18/10 stainless steel, which is durable and sturdy. A smooth finish gives a good grip, and the thick handle fits well into the palm.
The simple yet classic design of the Cuisipro flat whisk gives it a classy finish whose qualities don’t veer off from the Cuisipro Collection of whisks – a one-of-a-kind combination of timeless design, innovation, and high quality. It is made of four silicone covered stainless steel wires in flat design.
The whisk itself is made from stainless steel wires wrapped in silicone to prevent scratches on your dishes. It can be used on all kinds of utensils – ceramic, metal, Teflon, plastic, and glass. It whisks better than stainless steel whisks. Its heat resistance is unrivaled – it can withstand up to 750°F, meaning you can use it while cooking on high direct heat with no damage.
- As a flat whisk, you can use as both whisk and scraper
- More comfortable to use and clean than balloon whisks
- Will leave all surfaces scratch-free
- Great for heavier batters, gravies, and sauces
- Doesn’t work well with eggs or light liquids
- Takes getting used to if you typically use balloon whisks
Ouddy 2-Pack Wire Silicone Whisk Set
The Ouddy two-pack balloon whisk set is excellent for whisking, beating, blending, and stirring. It comes in a set of two – an 8-inch whisk for lighter applications and a 12-inch whisk for more substantial uses. Both whisks are red. Enjoy the simplicity of these Ouddy balloon whisks for beating, blending, and whisking.
Ouddy silicone whisks are coated with FDA approved, 100% pure, and food-grade silicone, with stainless steel wires doing the heavy lifting of mixing underneath. The silicone will not peel, crack, warp, carry smells, fade, or mold, in true silicone fashion.
The polished stainless steel wires are extra durable and resistant to stains and odors. The handles feature an ergonomic design to make it easy to handle, and the non-stick surface makes it easy to clean when you’re done. The balloon design incorporates more air into your batters for a fluffier mixture. Still, it works well when you’re whisking sauces to achieve a smooth, blended mixture free of lumps, and without damaging the surface of your expensive non-stick pans.
This Ouddy whisk works great for mixing both light and heavy liquids, which is why you can use it on eggs or vinaigrettes and other salad dressings. When you’re done, cleaning is as easy as throwing into the dishwasher, but be sure to soak if not cleaning immediately. Balloon whisks can be tricky to clean once batter dries up in the crevices. You can use the smaller whisk to introduce your children to the world of mixing, as the 8-inch whisk works perfectly for kids.
Finally, this whisk comes with a 100% full money-back guarantee, so you can ask for returns or replacement if you’re not pleased with the quality of the product your receive.
- Superior quality and highly durable
- Flexible whisking wires without weakness or flimsiness
- Full lifetime money-back guarantee
- Sturdy stainless steel handle with hanging hook
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Handle carefully to prevent peeling over time
- Handles can start to collect water and leak into storage
The Wired Whisk set of three whisks stands out from our list of whisks because of its elegance and excellent grip. A collection of three whisks gives you everything you’ll need from whisks, so you don’t need to buy several for lighter or heavier usage later. It also offers excellent value for money.
Whisks are a chef’s best friend – perhaps second only to their knives. These unassuming kitchen companions are the difference between lumpy and smooth sauces or clumpy and airy pancakes. You will need a whisk if you ever hope to make the perfect cake, airy and fluffy scrambled eggs, or meringue that will have everyone begging for more.
Stainless steel whisks can handle the heat, but they will start rusting and could ruin your cookware with scratches. Silicone coated whisks give you the sturdiness of steel with the versatility and protection of silicone: win-win!